Monday, June 13, 2011

Mondays Managed: Homemade Crayons

Homemade Crayons

My little bug has built up a plethora of crayons over the years.
I hate to just throw them away but most of them were broken and too small to color with.
I found a crayon tutorial on Little Birdie Secrets and was excited to give it a try!
I bought some silicon trays from Ikea {at just over $1 each}.
Bug and I pealed the paper off of the crayons and then broke them into smaller pieces.
Then we put them into the trays mixing different shades of each color.
According to her directions, I baked them at 200 degrees for about 35 minutes.
I let them cool for several hours and then popped them right out!
The kids had so much fun coloring with them!

The silicon trays are ruined, to say the least.
I can't get the wax out through scrubbing or re-heating them in the oven.
So, the trays will just specifically be used for crayon making now and I'm okay with that ;}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...