Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dear Friend...

Dear friend,
I like to start my notes to you as if we're already in the middle of a conversation. I pretend that we are the oldest and dearest friends as opposed to what we actually are, people who don't know each others names and met in a chatroom where we both claimed we'd never been before. What will NY152 say today I wonder. I turn on my computer. I wait impatiently as it connects. I go online and my breath catches in my chest until I hear three little words: You've got mail. I hear nothing. Not even a sound on the streets of New York, just the beating of my own heart. I have mail...from you!


{Don't you just love the movie You've Got Mail? I simply can't get enough of it! It's one of my favorites!}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...